Sunday 4 June 2017

Stop the dithering and start slow stitching!

Those of you who follow my blog might remember that I had an important decision to make regarding t my Ohio Star Shadow quilt. (See this post.)

Well after much dithering I finally made up my mind because I was tired of waiting for Plan B (B as in better) to show up.


The neglected 4 patches between the feathers have a home-made design.

Like so.

This is my template cut out of a green acetate sheet. Why on Earth did we had green acetate? Anywho!!

As you can see, it fits perfectly within the 4 patches. Yay! The slow stitching may now resume and not a moment too soon as they are calling for rain today ... again! Anyone out there needs some rain? Come and get it. Please, come and get it! Not much is growing around here. Anywho! Let's be grateful. My roof doesn't leak, my tummy is full, my family's healthy and I can afford sewing; life is good!

Until next time ....


(.*_*.)



Catching up with Kathy for Slow Sunday Stitching









14 comments:

Kathy S. said...

Let the stitching begin!

The Cozy Quilter said...

Raining here today too. I have big plans for some time in my sewing room!

Julierose said...

We have sun for a few hours (gosh, it really is still up there ;000) and then rain comes right back in for the rest of our week. not much growing or blooming here either--too cold and wet!! Hugs, Julierose

CathieJ said...

What a pretty design to quilt on that four-patch. Enjoy your stitching. We are supposed to have sun today and then rain this evening.

gayle said...

Well, green acetate makes it harder to lose! Stitch on!

Carole @ From My Carolina Home said...

I like the feathered swirl. I really admire those who can hand quilt.

CecileD said...

Oh come on Chantal !! :)))
Gros bisous

Deb A said...

I'll take the rain! We are hit or miss here in FL... was raining buckets at one house and 400 feet up the road... nothing! Great template for your blocks. Enjoy the stitching. Love how you look on the positive side of things - makes life so much easier when you can find the good.

Deb said...

Let the stitching begin, Would love to take the rain from you, Here in Florida we need it, some how the rain just refuses to fall from a dark gray sky.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

That looks like the perfect design for your quilt! Enjoy your slow stitching!

Béa said...

Ce sera parfait XXX

Barb said...

enjoy the stitching! good spot for your flower

Vicki in MN said...

We had the rain, now the sun is warm and bright-well a few clouds keep creeping in. But it feels great to have the windows open while sewing today so that I can listen to the birds chirping away. Done is good and sometimes it is just best to jump in and go for it;)

Lin said...

Green means you can't loose it! xx