Sunday 1 January 2017

Slow Sunday Stitching ... at last

A thing I've neglected in 2016 was my hand quilting projects. I would like to remedy to that in 2017.  With the help of my new Task Master, thanks to Elaine at Crazy Quilter on a Bike, some slow stitching is now on the "Ordre du Jour".


We got more snow yesterday, overnight and it finally stopped very early this morning.

I shovelled another 10-11 inches of snow off the deck. You might be wondering why the heck do I shovel when I have 4 men in the house? The answer might surprise you. Are you ready? Because I can! Whenever my body lets me move, believe me, I move! Since it wasn't the heavy kind of snow, it was a most pleasant morning with the sun shining and little birds singing.  Ahhh!! So perfect! And when I have enough of shovelling, the boys take over. Perfect deal! :^D

Then the usual Sunday chores and meals to prepare, blah, blah, blah ... boring stuff... blah, blah, blah!

Comes the evening, I am starting to hear the muscles complaints. So, it is time for a long hot bath and then, some slow stitching with Kathy at Kathy's Quilts.

My Ohio Star Shadow has been waiting, on the quilting frame, for some attention for close to a year now. One block is marked and a needle is threaded. The only thing missing is me.


Isn't time you and I get reacquainted, Shadow? I think so. We will spend the evening together, as soon as I finish this post, I promise. 

Thanks Kathy for doing the Slow Sunday Stitching link party again this year. It is so appreciated. It is fun to see what everyone is working on and especially to see the progress from week to week. Thank you. 


Until next time .... pick up a needle. 

;^)





8 comments:

gayle said...

Oh, I just went back and hunted up your Shadow. What a stunner! I'm looking forward to seeing it quilted now. Slow stitch away!

Kathy S. said...

Yeah! Glad you and Shadow are joining us with Slow Sunday Stitching. Happy new year! I love your attitude that you shovel snow -- because you can! Keep moving. Wishing you a happy and healthy 2017.

Fiona said...

lovely post - such a good thought that if you can do some shovelling do so! Happy Stitching...
Hugz

Lin said...

Sounds like a great way to spend Sunday evening. Thanks for putting me on to Elaine - I bought a notebook last week to use as my Journal and have been scribbling away in it. We are still away from home so there are a lot lurking UFO's I have forgotten about. I think this is going to work for me - well I am going to try and make it work for me anyway. Good luck! xx

CecileD said...

Oh j'aime bien ta nouvelle bannière ! Le quilt est merveilleux...
J'espère que tu as passé de bonnes fêtes de fin d'année...
Bonne et heureuse nouvelle année Chantal ! Gros bisous

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

I like shoveling too, and it is great when there is someone to take over when you are done. Stitching sounds like a wonderful way to relax after the shoveling.

Barb said...

wow lots of snow - we haven't had any in CT.
I love your cover photo - pretty pink and white quilt!

Quilter Kathy said...

So glad you can join in! I'd rather stitch than shovel (that could be my motto!)