Saturday 10 January 2015

Scrappy Saturday

I have made this quilt a long time ago. I call it Pinwheels Square Dancing. I've got the inspiration from a picture in a magazine.


Although, it almost made it to the quilting frame a few times, this twin size quilt hasn't been quilted yet. Now I am glad I didn't quilt it because it's made with my mother's bad white fabric and it is starting to show the problem. It has two tiny little holes even though it is stored.


I thought to undo it and remake it with another background because I really like this quilt. It is made entirely of solids that I don't have anymore.  Yes, I really like this quilt ... so I will remake it  ...


... like this ...

This year I am joining Angela in the Rainbow Scrap Challenge and this is the block I'll do.  Since the blocks are a lot smaller this time around, I'll need to make a whole lot more and that 's perfect because I have an entire year to built them. :^)  My measurements for the bigger HST is still wrong. It needs to be trimmed down a notch.

As for the original one ...
Love these colours
I might repair the holes and finish it as a picnic quilt. It will give me a chance to practice my machine quilting!! :D  Then again ...
Back in 2007, I didn't know about cutting off the ears. Oh what a mess the backside is!
I might undo it all and start over again. Yes, I do plan to live to be 150 years old lol.

Hope you find some time to play the blues too and join us at So Scrappy.

 Until next time ...   ;^)


14 comments:

Scrappy quilter said...

Love the design in these quilts.

Kath said...

I do plan to live to be 150 years old lol.

yes me too, I have about 30 quilts I want to make and don't even ask about my UFO's! x

Sheila said...


I have enough pattern books to last until I'm 250 yrs old. lol



LuAnn said...

I'm going to live to 150, too, and I'm going to stop sleeping whenever I turn 90 so I can be sure to get all of this fabric sewn. I looked as closely as I could and couldn't see the holes in the quilt. But, if they bother you now, they probably always will so you are probably right to fix them. Are there too many to applique' something over the holes?

scraphappy said...

Planning to live to 150 will really help with that never ending list of somedays. If you figure out the trick, let me know, I have a really long list as well :)

Karen said...

Adorable quilt pattern. If only we could live until we have made all the quilts we have planned to make or used all our stash.

Jennie in GA said...

Love pinwheels and yours are great!

CecileD said...

Hello Chantal !
Je signe tout de suite pour les 150 ans mais sans trop de rhumatismes et avec toute ma tête !! Lol !
Tes pinwheels sont très beaux et c'est vrai qu'avec des solids, ça le rend très particulier !!
Bonne continuation !

Kathy ... aka Nana said...

I NEED to live to be 150 if I'm going to make all the quilts I want to make. ha!

I love your pinwheels and can't wait to see that top come together. I say go ahead and make a picnic quilt out of the top you have. Seems a shame not to use it somehow.

Dawn said...

Oh, isn't 150 the new 75? Good for you! I have to say though I don't know if I could remake a top. Good for you!!

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

What a great block!

Picnic Locations in Gurgaon said...

Very interesting blog. A lot of blogs I see these days don't really provide anything that attract others, but I'm most definitely interested in this one. Just thought that I would post and let you know.

Nicky said...

I think you should plan to be 150 and some! What a pain about the white fabric but not sure I could face all that unpicking - unless you unpick one for every new one you make? Thanks for linking up this month to #scraptastictuesday

Ann said...

Too bad about the white fabric. I had some black that developed holes after the first wash; put me off trading blocks with black. No wonder you want to remake this quilt - the original is fun and your new one will be, too.