Sunday 1 June 2014

Slow Sunday Stitching

We had a great day yesterday.  Wish I could repeat that. But today should also be good, if not fantastic.  Where will I be today?  What will I do?





Well, to start I will be sitting right here, basking in the sunlight!



Eating a freshly home-made fruit salad of pineapples, bananas and mangoes. Love that combination.





And I will  STITCH!! to my heart's content? Well maybe not!  I still have to finish the laundry and diners to prepare for the week.  But I will be working on these for awhile...





My quilt of the Century hexies!  I have one more red diamond to sew in and then will be able to start on the next row which is light blue diamonds ... 


Next will come ten beige/red diamonds already made ... 


which means I can start assembling the next row of light blue diamonds with a purple heart this time. 


I usually sew the hexies into diamonds during my lunch break at work.  During the summer months, I prefer to go for a walk with my coworkers during our lunch than sew, especially when it is this nice outside.  So this cuts into my sewing time a lot but ... hey! summer is so short here in Canada that I am not about to let it go by without some "me time" in it!! I'll catch up on the sewing during the colder months.  And today, it is one of those "me time in the sun" day.  Don't get me wrong, I am not the type to sunbathe but I do try to catch my daily dose of Vitamin D!  

Hope you too, will get your Vitamin D today and some fabric and threads to enjoy.  Being Sunday, I will join and enjoy reading all the post on Kathy's Slow Sunday Stitching  and ditto for The Hexagon Addiction.  So much inspiration everywhere!  Gotta love that! 

Until next time ... SMiLE ... it's relaxing!! 

8 comments:

Deanna W said...

Yes must enjoy the sun while it is shining. The summers are indeed too short in Canada.Enjoy your Vitamin D intake today. I will be getting some as well!!! And hoping for some stitching time too!!

Carla A Few Of My Favorite Things said...

Oh I so agree it is better to enjoy the sun while you can. The hexies will always be there for to work on. So nice that you can sit outdoors and do your stitching, makes it just that much more enjoyable.

Ellen said...

Your hexie project looks great and it is so nice that you are able to make progress with it even with the temptation of the beautiful summer weather!

Deb A said...

Such a great hexie quilt you are making. I agree - enjoy the warm and sun while you can - the fabric stitching can wait a little bit.

Fiona said...

the quilt is coming along beautifully..... great fruit combination...
Hugz

Quilter Kathy said...

Sounds like the perfect day!
Hope you enjoyed your stitching and the sunshine :)

Kathy ... aka Nana said...

It's hard, this time of year, to stay inside and stitch, isn't it? That's why I love hexies ... I can take them out with me to our deck. In fact, I think that's exactly what I plan to do today ... provided that the rains don't interfere with my plans. ;-)

Margo said...

Beautiful quilt! You will have to keep those boys away from it though! Keep it all to yourself! I do my hexies at lunch as well.