Saturday 3 May 2014

It's May

... and Judy L at Patchwork Times has posted the block for May.  It's a spool block!  Love spool blocks so I might just do a lot of this one.

April's block was Contrary Wife and here is my block

which didn't impress me.  So I went back to Judy's blog and had a second look.  Oh boy! I did the block all wrong.  Back into the scrap bin I went.  A few minutes later, I had this one made up


Yes! Much better.
Take a few minutes for yourself and have a look at all the eye candy made by different people on Judy's link.
This is one for Marcia's May for Me too.  I didn't have to change my block.  Nobody would have said there was something wrong with it ... but me! I didn't like it and even though I don't like frog stitching (like everybody else I believe) I changed it ... just to please ME!  Now, I am happy and proud to show my little block.  Just a few minutes, it's all it took to make me feel better about myself.  You too, deserve a few minutes extra, so go ahead and take the extra time for you.

Until next time ... SM ;^) LE ... just for you.

Chantal

3 comments:

Fiona said...

It's a lovely block... you should keep your 'mistake' ones.... one day they can go together for lovely little scrap projects!!
Hugz

Jean Belle said...

Adding that pop of red sure makes a big difference. Love your block!

Dasha said...

I would have had to remake a block that I hadn't made well too. Lots of reverse sewing in this household!! Well done for making a pretty block.